Origin GamesWhat is up with the team switching??

Discussions about Battlefield and other Origin Games

Topic author
Fallenhero88

Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:15 pm

First off i want to say i hate b%itching or listening to it so in advance i apologize, but at this time i think that teamswitching and stacking is starting to get a little crazy

i know there is nothing really the server can do short of randomizing teams, which i say would be a pain in the ass, to solve this problem to i guess i would just have to appeal to each player. It seems like every time i come into the server one team is just absolutly overpowering the other one. I personally believe that rank doesnt gauge a player but i do humbly believe that if you have 20 players with a Colonel or above rank, you will desemate the opposition. I have considered the possiblility that each player would be placed by the server on that team, but i highly doubt it.

Many rounds i have played where at the conclution, there is an exodus from the lossing team to the winning one. I can completely understand wanting to switch sides to play with friends or something like that buy i think a line should be drawn. I know of a couple people that always switch teams just so they can get their win/loss ratio up.

Again i absolutly understand that there is nothing the server admins can do but at the very least this post has allowed me to vent and get all the bitching out, and at the most i hope to light a fire in people so that instead of playing with their friends, they will instead shoot them out of a jet when they take off.

Thanks for letting me bitch
fallen

p.s and for a little humor DIE MR BANANA

:2: :1: :51:

sidewinder9x

Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:39 pm

Team work plain and simple for the most part. When you have 8 one man squads it's kind of useless; everybody doing their own thing.

I have monitored games and people complain about team stacking I look at how there set up and I find for the most part they are evenly balanced; rank has nothing to do with game play.

A well oiled squad,a good commander and above allcommunicating will work wonders.

desertsmurf

Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:43 pm

:8:
No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."- General George Patton Jr

Deputydawg

Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:22 pm

Nothing new its been said several times. If everyone squads up you cant stop them. I been on both sides, and the side that doesn't work together lossssssssssse together. Plain and simple.

gi.joe

Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:25 am

I'm glad you were able to vent here (instead of in-game).

You're right; there isn't a whole lot that can be done about this problem. It’s just the nature of many gamers to want to be on the winning side. We have a bunch of members who don't mind either way (myself included). My only advice is to figure out how to enjoy/ignore it. I try to make the most of it. For example, on Wake Island, I delight in helping my team finally reach land and capture a base (so what if we lose). Invite people to your squad. Team play will help offset the massive offensive pressure from the other side.

See you in game. :51:

Anonymous

Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:04 am

Several of us and probably any of you that are using Vista 64 are being kicked out after every map. This causes us to have to log back in which rarely do you end up on the same team again. Lately I have been accused of team switching myself when it was not my fault. Can't stand this problem as it is and all I need is someone bagging on me about switching.

There is an Alt tab process that seems to work, but you have to remember to do it after ever map or you get booted.

Please be careful how you approach this situation and what you say when you think someone is switching.

Anonymous

Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:52 am

WP wrote:Several of us and probably any of you that are using Vista 64 are being kicked out after every map. This causes us to have to log back in which rarely do you end up on the same team again.

Not to thread jack, but I don't think the Punkbuster kicks are related to just Vista 64 - I had this problem when running both 32 bit and 64 bit versions of WinXP, Vista Ultimate and Server08. (Believe me, after being kicked 148 times from our AIX server, I tried them all to solve the problem) I think it has more to do with having a really fast system. By Alt-Tabbing to desktop just as the round ends (right when the music comes up and the final score is displayed) it somehow unloads the resources and allows punkbuster to connect to it's server. You only have to do it for a couple of seconds and you can come right back to the game. If I forget to do it, I will get kicked about 2 minutes into the next round after a map change

Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming...

Anonymous

Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:06 am

GitSum wrote:
WP wrote:Several of us and probably any of you that are using Vista 64 are being kicked out after every map. This causes us to have to log back in which rarely do you end up on the same team again.

Not to thread jack, but I don't think the Punkbuster kicks are related to just Vista 64 - I had this problem when running both 32 bit and 64 bit versions of WinXP, Vista Ultimate and Server08. (Believe me, after being kicked 148 times from our AIX server, I tried them all to solve the problem) I think it has more to do with having a really fast system. By Alt-Tabbing to desktop just as the round ends (right when the music comes up and the final score is displayed) it somehow unloads the resources and allows punkbuster to connect to it's server. You only have to do it for a couple of seconds and you can come right back to the game. If I forget to do it, I will get kicked about 2 minutes into the next round after a map change

Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming...

Yes, thanks Git, there's still some debate there about the O/S The point was, if you forget, you have to log back on, and usually you end up on the other team, thus giving the appearance of team swithing.

MajorSilentDeath

Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:14 am

I've seen games where teams were stacked and no one would stay on the losing team. So people kept leaving the server because we would get slaughtered every round. I tried to stay in there but about 4 rounds of 200-0 in tickets, i myself will throw in the towel. As stated, there is no team-work. But what needs to happen is a few good men (and women) to switch from the winning team to the losing team to balance it out. I do it occasionally, especially if the server popu starts dropping (unless I'm flying a jet, then i would just wait till next round :mrgreen: )

But normally after a few rounds these things work themselves out.
Try not to be a man of success, but a man of value.

Cybex

Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:48 pm

I've been been on both sides as have all of you. The longest I can remember being on a side that lost almost every round was four days in a row. When your winning you love it and when your losing you hate it. Walk away ,take a break than come back for more :51: punishment. A lot of people switch sides when the other team is short people, to play with friends or team mates ( I just switched to a losing side the other day to play with friends ) because there is little team play and for a variety of other reasons. Sometimes I get tired of losing I'll go to one of the other servers (AIX) or quit for awhile.

Anticipation of death is worse than death it's self.
LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Locked Previous topicNext topic
  • Information