Origin GamesDistinguished Servie Medal

Discussions about Battlefield and other Origin Games

Topic author
enforcer472

Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:14 pm

I have finally gotten my 100 hours of Commanding done this weekend. I thought it would be EZ to get it but the 40 team score points seem to have me.
I am not sure if they are the same as team score points that are listed or not. I do know that I played all weekend and got around 1200 points and only got about 11 team points.

Any ideas on what I can do to get this one? Thanks alot.....

R.J.

Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:34 pm

You need to have 45 team points in a round for that medal. Team points are kill assists, medic heals, ammo points, flag capture points or assists, and blowing up strategic objects. You cannot earn any team points as commander. One of the easier ways to earn the 45 in a round are flag caps especially if the round is long and drawn out (Try the Special Forces server). Another good way is to pilot for someone in the attack chopper. Sharqui is a good map or wrench for someone in the littlebird on AF.

I'm sure others will chime in here with good ideas on what worked for them. Don't stress, 45 team points in a round is fairly easy.

Good Luck

Topic author
enforcer472

Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:53 pm

Are these things that my team does while I am commanding or do I need to go out and try and help. I was riding in a car and jumping out at flags to assist alot. I also resupplied for about 160 points during the weekend. but neither seemed to to help raise my team points total.....

I understood that I needed the 45 points(sounded EZ). Now I just have to work on that. I may make to the 10,000 commander points by the time I get 45 IAR..

Thanks RJ

R.J.

Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:14 pm

I think you have it backwards. You need to earn 45 in a round, not your team. All of the actions I stated above are counted as team points even though you yourself must earn them. If you're commanding, all of the flag caps, ammo points, and any other team points you earn are not counted toward your score. The command score is different than the team point score.

Here is an example:

You're a squad leader or lone wolf and just neutralized and capped a flag = 4 team points.

You're the commander and just neutralized and capped a flag = 0 team points.

Topic author
enforcer472

Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:01 pm

Thanks for trying to help I guess I am not making myself clear. I have understood all of that and was trying to tell you that I was a commander and gave lots of ammo , Assisting on flag caps and kill assist and I still was not getting points..

I also was trying to ask if it was the team or myself that earned the points. I did not have it backwards. Since it was not working with me trying to help with assists that is why I asked that question.

R.J.

Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:36 pm

Sorry Enforcer, I didn't understand what you were asking :oops: .

We need more active commanders like you though!

R.J.

Topic author
enforcer472

Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:29 am

Well it turns out I think I am an idot once again. I was so focused on the 100 commander hours that once I finally got them I took for granted that I needed 45 team points AS a commander.

Topic author
enforcer472

Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:11 am

Well I finally got it last night. Thanks alot to everyone who helped me. Special thanks to PapaThor....

It was nice to see alot of the old regulars playing. I had alot of fun again......

Evil_Black_Fox

Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:42 am

Congrats to you . I was going to say just do it like all the other point whores. Join an I/O Karkand server then revive and heal ever single person you can see, even if it in the middle of obvious nade spam :D Its possible to come in first place with no kills and just team point if you whore medic hard enough. Just don't forget your G36 death ray just in case you do decide you want to kill someone.
I hate TV missilesImage
Because people ask: Link-1 Link-2 Xfire = ebfox / Xbox live = Evil Black Fox / PSN = Evil_Black_Fox

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information