General Information/Discussionsunban request

General Info for everyone

Topic author
candyman

Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:37 pm

hello-

Last night I was playing on your server and happened to be on the team that was being repeatedly baseraped.. 3 rounds in a row, barely able to move or take off without dying 9 times first, etc.. your policy allows it, that's fine.. I suppose I lost my cool a little bit when someone on the other side decided to compound the raping with some taunting, which is when I spewed a bit of verbal abuse to him and his co-pilot in the chopper.

The co-pilot was Jeebs, and I really didn't intend to start any shit with an admin, but I might have referred to them both and I apologize for that. Jeebs said that this would be my last night on the server and I am indeed banned today, I thought that was a little unusual since your rules state that a warning was to be issued first, I never received such a warning..

I did come back and apologize in the server after a while for losing my cool, that was ignored.. So I am now requesting to be re-instated, I will definitely keep the comments in check next time.

Thanks for your consideration

player name : candyman420

J232

Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:34 pm

I knew when I activated your account that you got banned, not by looking at the ban list but because I was getting raped also lastnight and I saw it comming because of the way you were acting. GI.Joes the man you want to talk to..

Anonymous

Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:51 pm

Yeah, I was there and I'm 99% sure you started with the taunts. It all started on Road Rage and you just started going off on Jeebs. Then you were calling us fat and losers and sexless. We had fun with you, but then you started talking about his mom and I think that's around the time the banstick came around. You should just be happy you got those last few rounds in. I would have banned you the first round. Have fun on the SF server.

Topic author
candyman

Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:13 pm

cablecopulate wrote:Yeah, I was there and I'm 99% sure you started with the taunts. It all started on Road Rage and you just started going off on Jeebs. Then you were calling us fat and losers and sexless. We had fun with you, but then you started talking about his mom and I think that's around the time the banstick came around. You should just be happy you got those last few rounds in. I would have banned you the first round. Have fun on the SF server.

I see, well I honestly don't remember making any comments about anyone's mother, yes the other things were the verbal abuse that I previously mentioned.

As far as road rage, that was not much more than "get back in the jet, let's see what you got" .. now that I finally had one I wanted a dogfight :)

I dunno, I would hope that someone goes through the chat log before making the final call. I only got going after that other guy was doing the post rape taunting, and that's who it was directed at..

sorry again

gi.joe

Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:22 pm

I banned you upon Jeebs' request. From what I hear, this isn't the first time you've been verbally abusive on our AF server. Jeebs is probably our most patient admin; if you managed to piss him off, chances are you would have gotten banned even sooner by one of our other admins.

This one is completely up to Jeebs.

J232

Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:59 pm

It all comes down to you couldnt handle "Squad Awesome" :lol:

Jeebs

Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:00 pm

Not having banned many players at all, I know I am far too easy an admin. I like to play the game, not have to babysit people who insist on using their grade 3 arsenal to insult my teammates and me. Most issues I've encountered in the Legion sort themselves out...people leave or they get the boot. I let the filters warn and kick , but there are always those in stances that get missed:

Jan 28
candyman420 08:09:23] un-fcking believable
Jan 21
candyman420 [02:31:23] fcking prick
candyman420 [02:33:25] fcking christ
candyman420 [02:55:54] fcking asshole
candyman420 [02:47:00] total assholes on the server tonight
Our servers clearly state that foul language is unacceptable
Our servers also state that verbal abuse is unacceptable.
Jan 28
candyman420 [ 08:32:38]come defend the main you morons
Jan 21
candyman420 [03:21:09] my team is too stupid to hold the main
candyman420 [03:18:30]unless you get it through your thick skulls to guard the main
candyman420 [03:18:32]we lose
candyman420 [03:38:19] stay in the AAs dumbasses
Feb 14
candyman420 [23:40:32] are you guys just stupid or what? why can't you defend the main?
candyman420 [00:06:57] what am i supposed to do?
candyman420l [00:07:01] my team can't defend anything

We are also clear about whining and complaining in game.
These all came from one map of Road rage.
Jan 21
candyman420 [02:52:26] omfg
candyman420 [02:52:32] jesus christ
candyman420 [02:53:03] holy shit you are so lucky....
candyman420 [02:55:54] fcking asshole

candyman420 [02:27:29] *§1DEAD§0*you aren't THAT good
candyman420 [02:31:23] fcking prick

candyman420 [02:33:25] fcking christ
candyman420 [02:34:07] you'd be dead if my gun didn't overheat
[L@W] {DI}Jeebs [02:34:55] id be dead if you didnt miss
candyman420 [02:42:54] there's no way you killed me that fast

I also think that there were enough warning signs for our offender to see

Jan 21
Admin ServerMessage [02:31:28] *** WARNING: candyman420, your language is unacceptable. Please keep it clean.
Admin ServerMessage [02:43:04] *** WARNING: candyman420, your language is unacceptable. Please keep it clean.
Admin ServerMessage [02:47:04] *** WARNING: candyman420, your language is unacceptable. Please keep it clean.

Jan 28
Admin ServerMessage [08:32:38] *** WARNING:
candyman420, your language is unacceptable. Please keep it clean.

Jan 29
Admin ServerMessage [16:35:32] *** WARNING: candyman420, your language is unacceptable. Please keep it clean.

Feb 14

Admin ServerMessage [23:38:20] *** WARNING: candyman420, your language is unacceptable. Please keep it clean.

At the end of it all...
4 [L@W] {DI}Jeebs [00:23:07] enjoy your night here candyman its your last
21 candyman420 [00:23:13] cool
4 [L@W] {DI}Jeebs [00:23:21] verbal abuse to admins is unacceptable
21 candyman420 [00:23:23] server #38984 is about to ban me?
21 candyman420 [00:23:27] oh no
21 candyman420 [00:23:32] i'll have to connect to server #9292939 then
21 candyman420 [00:23:38] cya

You didnt seem too concerned about not returning here....its too bad, despite the foul mouth and poor attitude you seemed to be an alright player with some half decent skills...what we like at the Legion.
Hopefully your teammates on server 9292939 will appreciate being called dumbasses and thick skulled morons. I know it makes me step up my game when my teammates refer to me with that amount of respect.

Never bring an AT mine to a gun fight

Topic author
candyman

Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:30 am

Well Jeebs, looking at that it's rather obvious that I get frustrated when the team isn't helping much, especially after persistant base rapes by the other. It's also obvious that I should just stay away from the chat key permanently because I get too worked up over this silly game and don't think before I type.

I would like to point out one thing in your stated rules, however:

2. Kick when: a player has engaged in severe verbal abuse of another player (after being warned at least once).

Now had I been kicked even once, I'd have toned it all down rather quickly. I see that your admin style is to not really say anything or give any sort of warning beyond the generic bf2 builtin profanity filter (which I've seen most people ignore).. and that you prefer to just let it all accumulate and throw back at the offender later. Being a former admin of cs: source, quake 2, team fortress(hl) and quake servers back in the day, I also preferred a more laidback stance.. and you know what, I probably would have also banned someone who has previously acted the way I did on your server, because it was admittedly kind of excessive.

But, I did believe in second chances, however. In this situation it would appear that asking for one and re-entry into the server is a futile effort at this point, but I am presenting my apology once again with a promise to keep a lid on the verbal abuse in the future. Should I break this promise, you can ban immediately and I won't waste anyone's time by asking for another unban.

Regardless of what you decide (or have decided), I have enjoyed playing on the server and am sincerely sorry for acting half my age.

uvebnconfused

Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:01 am

You managed to make St. Jeebs mad and thats bad. Although i've been refraining from in game commands as of late because it lets me cool down since I would need to ALT-Tab out of game to get to that player. I would have alt tabbed long before that. Worst thing about stuff liek that is I know alot of peoples kids play here. Alot of guys have their sons play the game with them including me. Although I know it would be rather naive to think that he doesnt hear that language or speak it himself sometimes I would prefer that he not have to hear it over and over again. As a former sailor I can make a complete sentance out of almost any curse word including nouns, pronouns, adjectives, verbs, and with enough creativity prepositions but I find its less than necessary and tends to get you into trouble. Try using that language on yrou boss or customers at work and see how long it takes to get banned from your job.
Of being You please road surface with name and surname and nro of document.

Anonymous

Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:29 am

I laughed, I cried. I laughed some more. But really hard. Candyman, you ever think if you're on the losing end so much you're part of the issue? All the time you spent mouthing off (poorly, might I add) was time you could have been driving to flags to cap them. Don't even try the "I was pinned down at my main" excuse because 9 times out of 10 that we enter the enemy main we get shot down, giving you plenty of time to head to the nearest flag. Or the smart thing, skip that flag since we spawned there and went deep into our territory. We were on MEC and Jeebs and I were on the ground for most of the two rounds of Harvest. The people in the Havoc were absolutely horrible. (that PIE sig guy is reallllllly bad.) If you think that raping was bad, I vote we unban this guy and show him what a real rape is. We'd give you another purple heart but I guarantee you won't score enough kills.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information