Origin GamesNew 32-Slot Ranked BF2 Server (Running Special Forces)

Discussions about Battlefield and other Origin Games

Topic author
gi.joe

Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:53 pm

We are pleased to announce that Legion At War and DHH (Dakota Head Hunters) have partnered on a new 32-slot ranked BF2 server. The current plan is to run Special Forces. If you enjoy our “anything goes” style of gaming and want a great place to play Special Forces, come join us at:

Server Name: DHH / L@W No Vehicles Warlord Ghost
Server IP: 75.126.124.176
Port: 16567

Please help us make this the most popular Special Forces server out there.

Thanks,

GI.Joe[L@W]
Last edited by gi.joe on Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous

Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:28 pm

I'm game. :D Since the Fury server is staying full for the most part I will start logging into this server in the afternoon to help keep it populated.But if it's just ghost and warlord I don't think that will be an issue,not to mention it is DHH/L@W. :D

J232

Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:11 pm

Great to hear :lol:

THELAWNMAN

Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:13 pm

Many thanks, SP is a fav of mine. I have found that over a year after the release of this expansion, the quality of good servers to play on is a hit and miss at best. Hope to see some of the norms at L@W put in some time here.

THELAWNMAN :D

Anonymous

Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:29 pm

MadMat and I got SF sometime back and have only played it for a very short time, so therefore I could not play it because I would not be better than him at it!!! LOL Might have to sneak a round or two in while he is working so I can master it, then tell him 'let's try some SF' then go in and kick his butt!! :twisted:

DakotaDoc64

Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:57 pm

Thanks Joe. We intend to keep the server on Special Forces (mostly) but switch between "No Vehicles" and "With Vehicles standard Special Forces" but just the day maps. At times we can throw in some night maps when requested, but I know they are not very popular.

Sad, but I really enjoy the night maps. If you played the Rainbow six series as long as I did, you begin to enjoy the tactics you have to gain when playing in dark maps.

Many in the DHH clan prefer the no vehicle mode for this same reason, but we all enjoy throwing in the vehicles from time to time. Me I prefer to mix it up. Variety is what keeps the game fresh.

uvebnconfused

Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:31 pm

DakotaDoc64 wrote:Thanks Joe. We intend to keep the server on Special Forces (mostly) but switch between "No Vehicles" and "With Vehicles standard Special Forces" but just the day maps. At times we can throw in some night maps when requested, but I know they are not very popular.

Sad, but I really enjoy the night maps. If you played the Rainbow six series as long as I did, you begin to enjoy the tactics you have to gain when playing in dark maps.

Many in the DHH clan prefer the no vehicle mode for this same reason, but we all enjoy throwing in the vehicles from time to time. Me I prefer to mix it up. Variety is what keeps the game fresh.

Im good with it either way. Im glad to see some euro forces maps going up if even for a short time too. Good maps I think but not alot of servers running them and I hate the feeling that i wasted 10 bucks on it. I do prefer the vehicals on the day maps and the 64 person tickets on small player numbers as it gives an advantage when trying for those hard to get 44 kill sf expert badges that I need
Of being You please road surface with name and surname and nro of document.

Geo_Patton

Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:18 am

DakotaDoc64 wrote:Sad, but I really enjoy the night maps. If you played the Rainbow six series as long as I did, you begin to enjoy the tactics you have to gain when playing in dark maps.

Same here Dakota! Gimme a nightsight and a good grunt map and get ready for some mayhem!

"Night Fighters!"

0-Hartman-0

Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:18 am

great ! i love night maps..... just like true british style. attack at night/dawn !
Ron Burgundy for ESPN. For sports and stuff

[marq2]60 % of the time, It works everytime ! [/marq2]

[KORT] CompONEnt

Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:26 am

two questions / requests:

1) I notice you said you are going to be turning on vehicles at some point. Any idea when?

2) One of the (many) things I really like about your AF server is that it doesn't switch you between rounds. So you can keep playing as the same team over and over if you like. Could this be implemented on the SF server?

3) I know I said 2, but this is just a note - the server rules that come up during play include one about standing on runways, etc. and this is not relevant to the server at all since there are no fixed wing aircraft in any SF maps afaik. Sorry if you think I'm being nitpicky - I very much enjoy your server rules and company - so just offering my two pence (being English).

4) OK - I admit my numbering is just getting silly now. Any plans to add Surge and Mass Destruction? Both day maps.
there's always ONE and in this case it's me.

XFire: component

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information