General Information/DiscussionsAdmins oh Admins where are thou Admins.

General Info for everyone

Topic author
Asfluxiation

Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:03 am

Hi, im here today to let you dear, sweet, admins know, that earlier this morning around 1am till around 8am Eastern Standard time. I ran across another player on your server by the name Netotrn. This player was accidently TKed. When he asked why did I tked him, I gave him a sarcastic remark(cant remember what i said but it was something along the lines of "you were in the way" or something like that). He For the next 7 hours followed me into every squad, every team, on every side of the game there could possibly be, and ritually TKed me for the next 7 hours. Since im a glutton for abuse and i love to ruin as :4: kids days like Netotrn i switched teams all night, and switched squads. He would eventually run across me or jump into my squad and spawn on me and TK me. Lets just say one map he got Disconnected 5 times and i had a 2 and 23 score. My advice to the loving admins of L@W is to put a TK limiter on the server that bans dickheads like this for an hour or 2 after reconnecting say 2 times and tking more than 8 times each connect. It might help alleviate some of the issues cause by admins not being on during certain play times. Btw please put a Ping limit in. Neto has a 250 ping or higher and if he gets auto kicked it would be funny as hell to watch it. :60:

Anonymous

Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:59 am

If that happens, I would check our teamspeak page for an available admin.

You should apply for p@l, I cant post the link now But I'm sure you will get more invitations. It is the segway to become an admin on our servers. So drop us an application.

DakotaDoc64

Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:40 am

His loosing connection was actually the server software kicking him for TK's.... I have it setup to kick someone if they TK 6 times. I would say this person was obsessed and kept coming back to be kicked again.

I am sorry you had such a poor experience.

Topic author
Asfluxiation

Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:46 am

Yeah i know he was losing Connection for Tking me for 7 hours. i think he must have reconnected atleast 20 or more times. My above statement i guess might not have been clear. but at the point the Kick on to many TK script isnt enough. Im saying you should enable the TK 20 times Ban 1 hour script :P
That one usually gives the player or players being tked a 1 hour reprieve from the numbskull. And if he comes back and TK's again he'll get another 1 hour ban hammer from the server. Eventually the little kid will either learn or spend however long (the rest of his puberty years maybe) figuring out that tking on your servers = ban.

Im going to put in for a p@l or whatever to see if i can get admin. To help during the hours i play that admins are sleeping. :P Wish me luck. Im going to need it!

P.S. I however did not have a bad experience on your servers due to this little child. Sure i may have been harassed but, i killed as much as i got tked so it all evened out.

DakotaDoc64

Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:43 am

Unfortunately the auto admin tools that are available for BC2 at the moment, only have a way to setup a kick for X number of TK's. BF2's tools had more flexibility on enforcing bans like to describe.

Flipper

Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:42 am

Just a note. Admins were available to at least 3/am ETS last night. You need to get into TS and let us know, if no one is playing that particular server.

MissileChicago

Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:10 am

P@L is a stepping stone to clan membership. It will give us the opportunity to get to know you and you to know us. Becoming a Preferred Player gives you priority access to play on our servers and the chance for everyone to get better acquainted.

Topic author
Asfluxiation

Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:35 am

Nailclipper90 wrote:Just a note. Admins were available to at least 3/am ETS last night. You need to get into TS and let us know, if no one is playing that particular server.

yeah about that. I connect and it says i have insufficient security identity blah blah blah. lol What ever happened to good ole vent?

Flipper

Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:39 am

Then it should ask you to allow a security update check. This is now needed due to someone compromising TS in the past. It's no big deal. It only does that the one time.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information