General Information/DiscussionsPoor Attitude and Server Admin Abuse

General Info for everyone

Topic author
GordonLightfoot

Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:46 pm

I've enjoyed the L@W servers for BC2 for several weeks now and have played frequently with no issues. I enjoy their no rules play and hardcore servers. I have been playing PC games for 20 years, worked for game studios and currently work in gov model and simulation. For me, this the first time ever,taking an issue to the boards in any game. I feel mistreated and abused by an immature admin who took issue with me calling a blatant tk'er "dumb". In exact words it was "f'n dumb". Of course it was inappropiate to say anything..only reason I did was the fact was we had worked to steal an enemy vehicle, we were on a hot streak and our own vehicle had pounded us repeatedly, even after trying to get them to stop..this individulal had the negative score to prove it. So after getting screwed once by a tk'er, then pounced by admins without WARNING, I was furious. Still, I issued no vulgar threats, swearing etc with the admins who repeatedly tossed out threats and typed all IN CAPS. I was on ventrilo with 3 other bc2 players who commented to me, they have never seen such a ridiculous reason to kick someone. So on 8/15/2010 approx. 7pm, The following members, verbally ganged up on me, continued to kick me without explanation and we're happy to just toss threats in my face while I was trying to get an explanation:

SapperActual
sidewinder9x
Nailclipper90

several others we're there as well, I cant recall names exactly so I'll leave it as this. I expect nothing out of this. I read your rules and it has nothing about name calling or having an issue with other players on your BC2 servers. A simple warning would have sufficed, one L@W member told me to take this to the forums so here it is. This was an utter waste of my Sunday, but I hope in the future astute members of L@W can act like mature, responsible admins versus the taunting and "STFU" approach they took up with me. In addition to this they started making fun of my BC2 handle (GordonLightfoot) all the while I was asking, politely why they had kicked me and who did it....it was simply infuriating.

Anonymous

Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:17 pm

Hey Lightfoot

Plain and simple - your language was unacceptable. Our rules scroll through the server and if you have played on our servers as long as you claim you would know that we do not tolerate anyone calling anyone on our server (guest or members) and "dumb**s moron" or a "f#$king a**hole" no matter what they have done.

I kicked you for the language and told you I was doing it. You came back to argue with me in game and several of us told you to play the game and take your complaint to our forum - you continued to argue with us, therefore you were kicked again. Still you came back, again and continued after many of us told you to take it to our forums and you STILL argued with us. We kicked you again.

1) No one told you to STFU
2) No one made fun of you

We simply gave you repeated warnings - we have a very low tolerance for people that:

1) Argue with us, over and over
2) Use bad language and taunt

If you continue to use your bad language and bad decisions regarding arguing with us on OUR servers, we will be within our right to ban you. Please take this opportunity to adjust your attitude and apologize, move through it, and enjoy your gaming experience on our minimal rules server.

Thank you,

SapperActual

Topic author
GordonLightfoot

Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:32 pm

Your version of the episode differs from mine. For me to pursue this is pointless. I aired my frustration and was kicked from your server before I had any warning or suitable explanation, you guys weren't as diplomatic as you stated in your post. I wont apologize, nor will I post any further about this matter. Perhaps my "attitude" or response to the blatant tk'er could be tweaked. When I approached you guys about it - I did not swear or use any vulgarity. The most volatile thing I said was "now wait". Feel free to remove or close this thread, numbers are agaisnt me here.

Anonymous

Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:43 pm

GL

You said now wait after we kicked you for continuously coming back and arguing.

If you dont want to apologize and you still want to argue - enjoy yourself.

We will be enjoying our gaming experience without people joining our servers as guests and arguing with us and using foul language.

Have a good day

Best,

SapperActual

sidewinder9x

Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:48 pm

First, I don't recall ever seeing you in game before but that isn't in question now.

For the record we do have rules which scroll in game; I saw the post about you and your team mate complaining about a TK'er calling him a "moron" etc.. One of our rules is "do not insult other players"; which I made mention to you in all caps (which is how I always type warnings/kicks bans; gets your attention over very small type. You appeared to persist in your behavior of insulting another player and were kicked by another Admin.

As for "ganging up on you" call it whatever makes it good in your book; You erred by getting pissed at another player and went off (wrong) you were warned and continued.

We Like Gordon Lightfoot (the real person) so you shouldn't take it personally as you aren't him.

Unfortunately, we deal with cheaters, hackers and people who insult others in some fashion or another all the time and try our best to keep it a fair and easy place to play without alot of BS from those who which to disrupt play for others. Remember this, we pay for the servers you as a guest play here for free .
If there are problems please bring it to our attention, but, don't argue the point in game that;s what the forums is for.
Continuing to argue in game doesn't go very well.

Flipper

Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:53 pm

GL, nice spin on things. Now, I said to you "sing about the Edmund Fitzgerald please". I tried to get a laugh and lighten things up. Quite obviously, it was lost on you. I didn't see or watch the whole scenario, but what I did see your cussing and constant bitch fest. It never stopped, you kept going and going like the energizer rabbit. You were warned several times by several admins, but you kept up at it. Obviously you have a high opinion of yourself feeling we need to know your 20 years of gaming and government service. Well excuse me, but it doesn't give you any special right to act like a complete child on our servers. BTW, I didn't see any admin swear at you nor did I. You want to act like a man, you'll be treated like one, I promise!

Last, if someone team killed you, simply mention it as it may have been an accident. If it persist, you let an admin know, and we WILL deal with it FAST!

Flipper

Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:22 pm

I want to add one more thing. I have no issue with you pitching a bitch (so to say). But do it here, not in game. Why? It takes away from the game for everyone. That is NOT the place to press an issue. Imaging during a football or hockey game a player constantly yelling and disrupting the game play. Imaging what that does! It can and does damage the game play for everyone!! That is why we dismiss actions like yours FAST! We simply have no tolerance for server disruption of any nature. You have no more right than I do, to disrupt our servers. Take it to the forums as the server message states.

If you want to play without your current attitude, the welcome mat is out. If not, please game elsewhere.

djessentia

Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:55 pm

I was banned from 2 different server for no real reason, one said language, the other said hacking, impress and admin, something else.. and i didn't say anything. then when i tried to talk to someone they said take it to the forums.. on T3.. i'm not sure what the issue is, i'm just a regualr guy who plays video games and doesn't cause trouble. i'm 29 and mature.. what is the deal? can i be reinstated?

Anonymous

Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:58 pm

Who was the admin that banned you?

MissileChicago

Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:03 pm

djessentia wrote:I was banned from 2 different server for no real reason, one said language, the other said hacking, impress and admin, something else.. and i didn't say anything. then when i tried to talk to someone they said take it to the forums.. on T3.. i'm not sure what the issue is, i'm just a regualr guy who plays video games and doesn't cause trouble. i'm 29 and mature.. what is the deal? can i be reinstated?

I addressed this in another post.
"In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'." - Carl Spackler

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information