Technical Information/Support RequestsPC build ideas

Just as the title says

Moderator: Members

Topic author
BallZDeeP

Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:17 pm

and while I wait, I am on an i5-6500, 8gb ram, m.2 ssd, intel hd 530 and have seen others play PUBG...tempting but i just cant.

Moderhinke

Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:44 am

Darn, sounds like you did a thorough job washing out the inside of your computer... :amazing:

Are you sure everything is fried? Also, there might be a tiny chance that this is covered by your homeowners / renters insurance. I think some include this (but probably on a special rider).

Looking at your shopping list, I'd get an EVGA 1080 SC instead of that Gigabyte card. It has a higher stock clock is also overclocked, has probably better coolers and comes with 3 years of factory warranty. It costs only $10 more btw.

Amazon.com: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 SC GAMING ACX 3.0, 8GB GDDR5X, LED, DX12 OSD Support (PXOC) Graphics Card 08G-P4-6183-KR: Computers & Accessories

Happy PC building!
“You can withdraw from a climate agreement but not from climate change, Mr. Trump. Reality isn't just another statesman you shove away.”

Bojac

Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:48 am

You guys would know better than I but why not get the 1080 ti and why not water cool the processors?
"If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in them. For everything in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—comes not from the Father but from the world." 1 John 2:15-16

Topic author
BallZDeeP

Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:48 am

I dumped a glass of icewater on my desk and it all went straight into my box

I dont have any other pc’s laying around to test components out so I can always get this one working again eventually.

Thanks for the input on that card. I thought about water cooling..but look where it got me.

Moderhinke

Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:06 am

I haven't done or looked at liquid cooling in over 10 years but have you looked for non-conductive coolants?
“You can withdraw from a climate agreement but not from climate change, Mr. Trump. Reality isn't just another statesman you shove away.”

Topic author
BallZDeeP

Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:19 am

The only thing I have looked into is parts.
Moderhinke wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:06 am
I haven't done or looked at liquid cooling in over 10 years but have you looked for non-conductive coolants?

KungfuBeer

Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:33 am

Water cooling was designed for extreme overclocking. If you are not going to extreme overclock, then the money you spend on the technology is not being spent efficiently.

Because you just put links, I have to wait until I have time to visit them, in order to review them. Everyone here has knowledge on the subject so if they say its good, I believe it.

I always say to spend what you are willing to throw in the trash in four years (laptops) and six years (PCs), also knowing in three years, you'll be upgrading your GPU.

KungfuBeer

Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:56 am

I don't see any issues with your build. Verify the motherboard comes with mounting for the M.2 drive, otherwise you'll need to purchase it separately.

I prefer ASUS and EVGA myself, but your build looks promising.

DirtyKurt

Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:18 pm

everything looks good. i just upgraded myself and and its almost the same. I would go all out on the video card and get the 1080 ti and be done with that for a couple of years, unless you want to try the new amd vega that just released. Also get your self a new windows 10 or if you are going to windows 7 you know where to go for that.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information