Technical Information/Support RequestsTroubleshooting computer build

Just as the title says

Moderator: Members

Topic author
sidewinder9x

Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:29 pm

Just some good information if your having problems with a build/components.

PERFORM THESE STEPS before posting about POST/boot/no video problems! - Systems

AkselVerg

Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:10 am

Hello! I see you are very experienced in a building of PCs. I have some questions for you on this topic, I hope you can suggest a couple of solutions.

So - I collect components for my future PC, I'm not experienced in this, so in the process, I have had a few questions.

First, which video card do you recommend? On the reviews, I saw that the popular video cards are represented by AMD and Nvidia. Can you explain in a few words and very еаsy-tо-understand which is better to choose and why? I do not need the best of the best, I need fairly confidently good.
The goal is the normal work of such games as Dark Souls 3 and Witcher 3. There is a lot of holy wars on which one is better, but all topics are too abstruse.

The second one is that I do not understand one thing at all, there are a lot of SSD discussions on the Internet that they can replace HDD. I do not quite understand why exactly SSD is better than HDD. Will such a replacement help improve performance during games? And is it worth doing?
I also looked at several reviews on SSD ( 5 Best Solid State Drives Reviews of 2017 in the UK - BestAdvisers.co.uk and The best SSD for gaming | PC Gamer) their capacity basically starts from 120GB, it seems to me that it is not enough, is it? And the more capacity - the higher price ... I'm not ready to buy an SSD 500gb (the less, as I understand, is no sense to buy, as there will simply not be a place for installing games) when I can take the HDD for 1- 2TB with the same price.
Waiting for your answers, if you need any more information - ask. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Last edited by AkselVerg on Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nothing happens

KungfuBeer

Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:24 am

Very Interesting to have a new user from "London" join up to ask technical questions to a group of friends.

First, we are not expert PC builders. We do a little research ourselves then buy what we think is right for our pocketbooks.

Secondly, you don't have to buy "the best" to get good performance. We usually buy technologies that are 6mos to a year old for best value.
AkselVerg wrote:very еаси-то-understand which is better to choose
Video cards: Pick what you like. It doesn't matter for day to day gaming/computing.

HDD/SDD: We've noticed a definitive increase in gaming speeds (startup, joining lobbies, spawning in, etc) while using SSD over HDD. As for which, you'd have to look onto more technical reviews since what we purchased collectively, would now be obsolete.

AkselVerg

Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:05 am

Actually, in London, I'm just studying, and secondly, from where had I known that this forum is "only for friends." I type in Google request, it gives me the sites and forums where my topic was, and what's wrong with that I asked you for advice?
Nothing happens

KungfuBeer

Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:34 am

AkselVerg wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:05 am
it gives me the sites and forums where my topic was, and what's wrong with that I asked you for advice?
Nothing is wrong, which is why I responded with answers to your questions. The internet provides the ability to deceive and I was just making sure your were real. Thank you for your questions.

AkselVerg

Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:32 pm

It's all right, I hope you will not mind if I talk to you a bit and practice my English?)
Nothing happens

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information