Images and VideosNot for the faint of heart

Images and Videos

Moderator: Members

Forum rules
If there is already a thread or category that fits your post, please post it there instead.

Topic author
sidewinder9x

Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:51 pm

O.k., admit it you were expecting some pretty gory stuff right?, well, this is pretty nasty; it's called sludge and it comes from poor maintenance such as not changing you oil when you should (or not all all). As part of my truck overhaul I dropped the oil pan to clean it up, put in news seals etc... This is what I found. ( For the record I have changed the oil and filter every 5,000 miles since I picked this truck up); I had to use my fingers to dig it out from around the drain plug and luckily there wasn't a lot; gritty, thick with a consistency of wet cement. It will clog the small ports and passages in an engine block depriving a part of oil much like a clot in you arteries or veins; now, just imagine your cruising down the highway at 70ish and suddenly, the engine decides to quit in a not so pretty way.
Change your oil and filter as per your manufactures specs not the shop, they want you to do it every 3,000 miles so they make money of of you don't fall for it.
sludge 1.JPG
Sludge
sludge 1.JPG (1.82 MiB) Viewed 137 times
sludge 1.JPG
Sludge
sludge 1.JPG (1.82 MiB) Viewed 137 times
Attachments
sludge 2.JPG
sludge 2.JPG (1.94 MiB) Viewed 137 times
sludge 2.JPG
sludge 2.JPG (1.94 MiB) Viewed 137 times

Bojac

Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:28 am

Just soak it in a bucket of Dawn liquid detergent... right?
"If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in them. For everything in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—comes not from the Father but from the world." 1 John 2:15-16

Topic author
sidewinder9x

Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:38 am

There 'ya go; personally I just spray the crap out of it with brake cleaner, drys without leaving any residue.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information