Origin GamesBF Series Future

Discussions about Battlefield and other Origin Games

Topic author
KungfuBeer

Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:37 pm

So...here it is...the future of Battlefield!

Star Wars Battlefront, Battlefield developer DICE's take on the Star Wars shooter, is coming a little later than previously expected. Publisher Electronic Arts confirmed today that the game will arrive sometime in the holiday 2015 quarter, between October and December next year.

That means the new Battlefront will hit during the same quarter that Star Wars: Episode 7 arrives. The JJ Abrams' directed sequel is slated to hit theaters Dec. 18, 2015.

EA chief financial officer Blake Jorgensen confirmed that Star Wars Battlefront will be a first-person shooter, and will be EA's "major first-person shooter" for the year.

The following year, DICE's Battlefield franchise will come back. The next major Battlefield game — the one after Battlefield Hardline — is slated for a release during the third quarter of EA's 2017 fiscal year. In calendar terms, that means Battlefield 5 (or whatever it may be called) will arrive sometime between October and December 2016.

EA announced earlier today that Battlefield Hardline will hit consoles and PC on March 17, 2015.

source

DirtyKurt

Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:14 pm

:bored:

But yeah I'm looking forward to the Star Wars game. I loved playing the last two online it was fun. Hopefully dice does not fuck it up. Yeah right.

MissileChicago

Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:49 am

DirtyKurt wrote::bored:

But yeah I'm looking forward to the Star Wars game. I loved playing the last two online it was fun. Hopefully dice does not fuck it up. Yeah right.

You "yawn" and yet you're looking forward to the game? LOL Of course I'm skeptical, but it's a long way off yet to make any sort of commentary. Tick tock....

Druzin

Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:20 am

I could have sworn I read the next SW Battlefront was canceled. I think IGN even had vids/pics from the "now canceled" SW battlefront. Maybe it was just abandoning the old engine and moving to new. But I don't have much confidence in a game that may be an abandoned project rushed to release to coincide with a movie release. All the hallmarks of a bad gameL movie tie-in, vaporware resurrection, EA involved, etc. I recommend bursting that bubble early and if it ends up being a pleasant surprise then great....

Edit: Yeah. Here. http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/10/20/cancelled-star-wars-battlefront-3-pre-alpha-footage-leaks I guess Free Radical's version was canceled but another version was still in the works...anyways...

MissileChicago

Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:15 am

Marketing! They want it to coincide with the next SW movie. Makes sense, they would sell more units that way.

DirtyKurt

Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:59 am

yeah i was bored of the bf5 but i hope the star wars is good and played like the last two. yeah that version got canned, then when disney ended up owning all star wars stuff i think that started the talk again for another battlefront game. and of course ea i think owns all the rights to make to all star wars games that is why they got dice working on it. they said they have been working on the game for 2 years now.

MissileChicago

Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:34 pm

DirtyKurt wrote:yeah i was bored of the bf5 but i hope the star wars is good and played like the last two.

BF5?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information