Origin GamesNew BF3 Details

Discussions about Battlefield and other Origin Games

Anonymous

Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:59 am

I hope I can upgrade to a quad from my little ole P4 by then. I can't wait! :9:

sidewinder9x

Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:09 am

It would nice if the y incorporated some of the old BF2 maps, Karkand for one...

MissileChicago

Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:25 am

DakotaDoc64 wrote:
MissileChicago wrote:Send me the files please. :) I'll work on it.

Done, in your folder. :wink:

Here is the teaser video with some analysis to what is in it.

[youtube]T8KmDm0qnHA[/youtube]

Thanks Doc!

Anonymous

Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:47 am

sidewinder9x wrote:It would nice if the y incorporated some of the old BF2 maps, Karkand for one...

If you pre-order you get a map pack "Return to Karkand" free (it will be available for everyone else a month after BF3 is released)

From what I understand, it is going to include 4 maps from BF2, judging by the title, Karkand will be one of them.

DirtyKurt

Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:59 am

DICE staff have also been madly tweeting with Alan Kertz in particular handing out clues like an old man with candy..
Demize99 Alan Kertz You’ll be able to lie down on the job.
Demize99 Alan Kertz I have no comment on Battle Recorder. #BF3

Demize99 Alan Kertz Yes, really prone. Don’t worry about the balance part, I’ve got it covered… I hate shooting delays. There’s plenty of other ways to balance prone than keeping people from shooting… I see prone as a tactical decision, become a small target, give up mobility.

Demize99 Alan Kertz MoH MP and BC2 used the same weapon and FOV systems… BF3 is an upgraded version.

Demize99 Alan Kertz Tracers are in, period. Players need to feel the fire fight, and tracers add to that feeling. You can hide other ways… No, no tracer darts. That’s a bit too BC and not enough BF.

Topic author
DakotaDoc64

Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:54 pm

Here is a video (no sound) of a presentation on Real-time Radiosity Architecture at SIGGRAPH that DICE is doing. They are just saying it is on the Frostbite engine. I am sure it is the same updated engine that is being used on BF3.

[youtube]h2lbZC3ihUU[/youtube]

Topic author
DakotaDoc64

Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:32 pm

More Tweets from Demize99

Dolphin Diving is out. Period. #BF3

There will be a knife, there will be dogtags. No details for now. #BF3

BF3 is the sequel to BF2. It's not BC3. No, grappling hook and zipline are not in the plan.

@Demize99 Whoa, Have you seen this?!: SEE LINK BELOW Nice breakdown of the cover soldier, not mine, credits to the maker.

Demize99's Answer. Yep, I saw that, they've done their homework, as have we.

See this link

Topic author
DakotaDoc64

Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:26 am

[youtube]PHN2hbvYFFY[/youtube]

[youtube]0RzcvrynSXs[/youtube]

Anonymous

Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:36 am

That Radiosity demo is amazing Doc. It's really going to require a high end machine to use it to it's full potential, I imagine.
Looks like with it we may be able to actively choose the time of day(or night!) for any map in the future!!!
And have real time changes in the light etc during a rounds play!
Imagine going from pre-dawn to morning in the course of round. How about starting a round a dusk and watching moonrise over the mountains before it's over!
Or being able to set a start time for all maps and have the lighting change actively thruout the day for all maps as we play them!
Perhaps in time we'll even be able to adjust the weather conditions (like cloudy, rain, snow, fog etc)!
Infinite variations on every map!
And toss in a weather and time of day status box on the server description info page?
Truly cool things look to be a coming! :1:

Topic author
DakotaDoc64

Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:27 am

What to read the game informer magazine before it is going to come out. I am sure I am hunting down a copy once it hits the stands. But here is a good look (bad scans) of the preview article for BF3.

As reported by. Planet BattleField
First posted by of all places 4CHAN

Also

We knew Battlefield 3 was coming soon with all these Game Developer Conference lectures about the game, but now we have some solid information. Battlefield 3 will officially announced March 1, 2011.

Electronic Arts will unveil Battlefield 3 this March.

The publisher confirmed to the media it will host an unveil event for the game on Mar. 1, 2011, taking place during the week of the Game Developers Conference in San Francisco. Additionally, EA says it will also have new game announcements as well as hands-on time with many upcoming titles, including: Shadows of the Damned, Alice Madness Returns, Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning, and Crysis 2.

Those who purchased the Limited Edition of Medal of Honor this past fall received an invitation to the Battlefield 3 beta. Details about the beta's release date have not been announced.

Battlefield 3 is expected to ship in 2011.

WARNING, after you read the article you will be saying

Locked Previous topicNext topic
  • Information