Rockstar GamesGTA Online: GunRunning DLC

Everything GTA and Rockstar

Moderhinke

Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:33 am

Not a big fan of this DLC at all so far. Looks all nice and cool and such but seriously? Bunkers, AA guns on trailers and APCs? Not sure if this has to do anything with "GTA" at all? Also does this mean that now every bozo is just roaming San Andreas in highly powered military vehicles?

Something that is bugging me with all of the late DLCs are the in-game costs associated with the content. All the content of the Gun-Running, Motorcycle Club, Executive DLCs is so freaking expensive that it's almost impossible to afford this by just playing the game. They broke the whole in-game economy with their endless greed. It's gotten completely pointless to do most in-game missions.

$10+ million to get your gunrunning outfit going? Same applies for other businesses. How do you get this money? Through modders and cheaters? Oh, Rockstar doesn't like that at all... Shark Cards it is! The Megadolon Shark Card gives you $8 million and officially costs $100. Do the math yourself. This seems like a complete rip-off.
“You can withdraw from a climate agreement but not from climate change, Mr. Trump. Reality isn't just another statesman you shove away.”

Topic author
KungfuBeer

Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:29 pm

Actually the MC DLC is not expensive at all, in fact its the cheapest of any DLC in GTAO history. $300K to get going there.
The 'science is settled' argument is inherently unscientific.

Moderhinke

Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:58 pm

Yes, you can buy an MC for $300k, you're right. But then what? In order to get going with the higher-end businesses like the meth lab or the weed farm, you back in north of $1 million territory.
“You can withdraw from a climate agreement but not from climate change, Mr. Trump. Reality isn't just another statesman you shove away.”

Topic author
KungfuBeer

Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:12 pm

Moderhinke wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:58 pm
Yes, you can buy an MC for $300k, you're right. But then what? In order to get going with the higher-end businesses like the meth lab or the weed farm, you back in north of $1 million territory.
Yes, but you can earn quite a bit with just MC missions with no businesses, thats the difference.

Druzin

Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:28 pm

Cheapest would be beach bum or whatever the first DLC was called. They "gave it to us for free" because MP was such a clusterfuck when it launched (long after SP launch). But the new vehicles were free at the time. The good vibes they got from that lead them down the "lets keep them playing with free stuff and sell microtransactions" street. And of course now prices just keep escalating because it needs to cost more or people just buy with modder money or heist money instead of shark cards. I remember when a 100k vapid bullet was a lot of money. The best missions gave maybe 5k and no modder money (PS3). Also your characters only wished snow was an option so we could walk uphill in it both ways to work.

sidewinder9x

Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:47 am

I'd play more of it if one actually made decent money so one could afford to purchase cars, bunkers, weapons etc... in order to go further. Takes a lot of time for little payout against cost of product; just isn't worth it.

Some of the things that happen in the missions such as stealing a certain car to bring back without a scratch which every tiny bit of damage cost you stupid money; just can't see spending real time trying to accomplish a goal only to have a NPC car appear and crash into you or the cops suddenly show up for something.

Blowing others up and mayhem?; I'm all in....

Druzin

Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:39 pm

What I read said something like 1million+ payout for full and fully upgraded bunker selling to the higher region but was more than 24 hrs (in game hrs) to make product + time spent resupply (or money buying supply) that puts a bit of a wet blanket on that. Another passive(ish) money option with a huge buy-in.
Research time sounded crazy without paying to accelerate also. 400+ hours?

Topic author
KungfuBeer

Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:46 pm

Cybex just found out that you cannot sell any vehicle that costs more than 300K or something like that, but researching it I found many, many posts on the same thing. If the car was bought using modded money or its duped, you cannot sell it, according to what I read.

Cybex

Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:47 am

It's $50,000.00. :eyesdrop:
LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Druzin

Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:52 am

So if you want to get rid of a super car to make room for something else you are SOL?? With all the apartments there is lots of garage space now. But still seems weird to say personal cars can't be sold anymore. Not even all the high a threshold by the time it is fully modded.

I get what they are doing. People often fill garages with super cars before an updated that might wipe modder money. But still a shitty way of doing it...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information