Added in 8 minutes 42 seconds:
Here's some SP mods

Flipper

Fri May 06, 2016 5:14 pm

I've often wondered if moders go after moders

Topic author
sidewinder9x

Fri May 06, 2016 5:18 pm

Here are some screen shots I took of the action.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg

Flipper

Fri May 06, 2016 5:25 pm

:badsmile:

KungfuBeer

Fri May 06, 2016 5:27 pm

20160506160721_1.jpg

Topic author
sidewinder9x

Sat May 07, 2016 5:36 am

It's all about the money.

I was setting here this morning eating breakfast when I started thinking about the "mobile cash machines" you may run across from time to time in game in relation to how and what a player "earns" while paying a missions or heists etc...

It occurred to me that the amount of money one receives during such missions/heist is paltry when compared to the cost associated with purchasing an apartment/home/garage, cars, supplies in the form of food, armor or ammo.
You have to earn so much to buy even basic items needed to survive (for any length of time) in game during operations.
Even the hardest mission (you know the one), total pay is around 1.5 million and that is split between four members; if the host feels generous you only come away with $250,000.00 each.

True, it may last a short while, but to survive, you must upgrade, repair damage, re-arm to fight another day.
To make any significant cash needed to purchase Yachts, Helicopters or high end vehicles you would have to play almost every heist/mission literally over and over again; plus the minor operations to earn some walking money and this takes time real life time that you could dedicate; I don't know many people who have or are willing to give it up.

So, Rockstar saw an opportunity to make some serious cash by offering the "Shark Cards" (they picked the right name for these too!; Say, you go all out and spend $100.00 real dollars on the Megalodon card and get $8,000,000.00 game bucks in return; depending on how and what you buy it doesn't last long at all.

Here is an article from GTA V Cheats which is an interesting read:
Well, I guess we’re not going to see any single player DLC for GTA V any time soon I’m afraid.

GTA Online’s micro-transactions alone have brought in almost double the budget of the game. Add that to the fact that Grand Theft Auto V made over $1 billion three days after launch and sales have been steadily high ever since. This game has made Rockstar Games and Take-Two Interactive Software very, very rich.

We’ve covered the various financial reports that Take-Two has released every now and then. The latest sales figures from February state that GTA V has hit over 60 million copies sold not counting digital sales, meaning you can probably double that number. Considering how discounts on the game are running back to back on various platforms, the game still being used in promotions to sell consoles and the only ever increasing popularity of Online, this isn’t too surprising.

Overall, the profit brought in by the game since launch is currently sitting around (most likely over) the $3 billion mark, which is a lot of money. One sixth of that comes from the sale of Shark Cash Cards, which are in-game batches of currency that can be bought with real-life money. Considering how expensive some of the flashiest items in GTA Online are, it’s no surprise that players in need of cash might turn to this method.

We’ve covered the possibly frightening implications this has for the future of the series, such as the next game being online-only or, even worse, free to play with a bigger focus on microtransactions. However those transactions aren’t always as “micro” as you’d think – some of the Shark Cards cost as much as the game or more, with the Megalodon having a list price of $99.99.

The figures regarding Shark Card revenue and total profit were found in the documents of the lawsuit recently filed by Leslie Benzies, former producer at Rockstar, against Take-Two. Benzies is allegedly owed $150 million in unpaid royalties, however Take-Two Interactive responded with a counter-suit and statements dismissing Benzies’ claims as selfish and baseless. We cannot know what truth lies behind all the accusations, but it’s sad to see things go this way.

As for GTA Online itself, this figure has one clear implication – the steady stream of free content updates won’t be running dry anytime soon. With the community approaching maximum lowrider capacity, Rockstar might want to consider releasing DLC in a new theme to drive those Shark Card Sales even higher.

The most recent update, bringing yet another lowrider to GTA Online (which surely gave a few players reason to grab a Shark Card) was released this Tuesday. Alongside the new Minivan Custom, the update also added a football themed Adversary Mode to the game called Inch By Inch. With a double RP and cash payout promo going for the mode, Shark Cards aren’t the only way to rack up some quick cash.
The story is that Rockstar by selling the Shark cards enables them to offer DLC for "free"; If I recall, nothing is ever free.

So, if you happen to find a bag or two of in game cash laying out on the street do what any good citizen of San Andreas would do and pick it up so that the streets and sidewalks remain clean!

KungfuBeer

Sat May 07, 2016 9:28 am

You don't need all the fancy stuff to enjoy the game though. You can do just fine without having to purchase a Shark Card or even play massive missions often. The game is completely open to how you want to play it.

I like nice things, so I will either help with the littering by other players or buy Shark Cards when they are on sale.

Flipper

Sat May 07, 2016 9:38 am

This reminds me of that old and once very popular game I-76. It was another game built around cars and forming gangs to kill other players. The hacking got so out of control that the popularity dropped to 0, and they soon folded in the servers claiming they couldn't deal with the hackers. All games are going to be hacked to one degree or another, it's the percentage of hacking that occurs and the response in dealing with it by the developer. Very poor on Rockstars part I'll say. This is obviously and strictly about making the dollars (real dollars, not play money).

KungfuBeer

Sat May 07, 2016 10:05 am

An article from a year ago.
Popular modder: ‘Rockstar did everything to prevent modding of GTA V’
If you were waiting for the PC version of Grand Theft Auto V for the mods, you may have some more waiting to do.

The modders responsible for those files that can make games like The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim look nearly photorealistic are saying that Grand Theft Auto V is difficult to modify. In a post on the modding website ENBdev, one of the team members (posting as ENBSeries) explained that they don’t really want to get into GTA V modding unless developer Rockstar makes it easier. And the developer may not want to do that since it could enable cheating in the GTA: Online mode.

“Rockstar did everything to prevent modding of GTA V,” ENBSeries wrote on their website. “So at this moment, [it’s] impossible to do anything via editing [the] game files.”

They went on to write that they will only mod GTA V if Rockstar patches in a workaround or if other hackers are able to get around the encryption that prevents easy access to that data.

Other modders on different forums are echoing this sentiment.

“Bad news,” modder Frostav wrote on Reddit. “This game looks very locked down right now. It might be a while before we can get into the game. This is the most a GTA game has ever been locked down before. I can’t even access simple stuff like the [car-handling files].”

In previous GTA games, the files for stuff like car handling were saved as basic text files that anyone could adjust with programs like Notepad. By disabling user access to something like that, it shows just how much work the developer put into preventing user mods.

We’ve reached out to Rockstar to ask about GTA V modding, and we’ll update this post with any new information.

The lack of easy modding for GTA V is something that could hurt its long-term popularity — although, Rockstar and publisher Take-Two Interactive have already sold more than 1 million copies since the game launched earlier this week. Grand Theft Auto on PC has a long history of supporting mods that added amazing features to the game. Hacker groups pieced together an online simulation mod for Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas back in the mid-2000s. This had people playing as citizens and police, and the cops controlled by players would pull you over if you weren’t following the traffic laws.

When Grand Theft Auto IV came out on PC in December 2008, hundreds of mods quickly added things like the capability to play as Spider-Man: These mods added to the longevity of GTA IV; players continued to buy it for years after its release because they were always seeing new and interesting things that the community was creating.

But that is potentially the problem with GTA V. This time around, Rockstar has added GTA: Online, which is a persistent multiplayer world that it hopes will keep people playing (and spending money) for the next several years. Mods could distract from that. The company could be worried about mods enabling people to cheat in GTA: Online. That would destroy the economy and likely convince people not to spend any money on in-game purchases.

And that’s understandable. Rockstar has worked to make GTA: Online into something viable that can generate revenue while it works on the next game. But blocking off files also ignores an important truth: Modders find a way.

While Rockstar may have worked to make this the most difficult-to-mod GTA yet, it’s likely only a matter of time before someone cracks the game and gets it working. After all, as Reddit poster Manisil points out, people were able to add mods to GTA V on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, and the PC is much more open than those platforms.

Update: Modders have found a way to access the GTA V archive files.

Popular modder: ‘Rockstar did everything to prevent modding of GTA V’

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information