General Information/DiscussionsBucket list

General Info for everyone

Topic author
sidewinder9x

Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:04 am

Well,

I can check off riding in an ambulance off my list. I had what was determined to be vertigo at work (never had it before) and if you have never experienced it before trust me you won't like it. Sitting up for an x-ray and on the way to have a CAT scan was very unpleasant too; plus the neurological test being poked with sharp objects over and over, moving arms, fingers, toes, feet, legs (checking for stroke) was interesting.

Good thing is I checked out good and medication is available to control it; also it primarily affects men (just so you know).

Moderhinke

Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:12 am

That's no fun! Glad you're ok.

BladePhoenix1964

Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:36 am

Had it about a year ago. All I could do was lay on my right side. If I tried to get up on roll onto my right side I would lose it (projectile vomiting). I had to have my brother drive me to the V.A. ER. After 6 hours of testing all they said was I had "Vertigo". They gave me a bunch of pills and sent me home. Two days later I was Okay. To say the least, it was NOT fun.

KungfuBeer

Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:28 am

I was told to suck it up when I had it. Dr said it was normal when something gets into your inner ear, probably ear wax but microscopic size. It took me a few days to get past it. I was not prescribed or recommended any medication (which I knew some existed.)

Cybex

Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:14 am

That's really messed up. Getting old sucks sometimes I think :idk: but I can't remember :rofl: :rofl:
LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information