Other GamesDayZ

Games from Ubisoft and other studios

Moderator: Members

Topic author
Flipper

Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:30 am

Another thing to keep in mind. This game is constantly evolving. I read the other day that vehicles will eventually be turned on (reducing the time to get one place to another from an hour to minutes). Also supposedly team link up will get better, allowing you to actually spawn on team members, thus eliminating the long time frame in finding others. Those two things will be a BIG welcome when they occur.

Kuebeker

Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:07 pm

Thanks!

My map is printed :)
"One who sleep with itchy ass wakes up with stinky finger." Sage.

sidewinder9x

Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:57 pm

I still had a fractured leg; which will NOT allow you to crawl up staircases. You need sticks and rags to make a splint which will then heal you. I crawled all over looking for said sticks until I met up with Kuebeker first(who gave me drink and some food) then beer and Cybex who did the same as I was about to die from dehydration. I tried to respawn to start over but it was grayed out. all the guys looked for the sticks forever. Kuebeker finally deliver the coup de gra with an axe and I spawned back in whole again ; although alone in the country (again).

Thanks guys fro trying to save me; I think splints will be something to keep.

R2Namru9

Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:52 am

A youtuber by the name of FrankieOnPC that runs with JackFrags got me hooked on this game after watching a few of his DayZ videos. I don't have the standalone version, but the ARMA2 mod, which is still a little more polished than the standalone. It can be long, tedious and boring in the beginning, but does get to be quite fun once you have some equipment. I think some of the fun is definitely meeting up with random folks, deciding whether or not to be friendly and finding out their intentions.

Kuebeker

Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:55 pm

sidewinder9x wrote:I still had a fractured leg; which will NOT allow you to crawl up staircases. You need sticks and rags to make a splint which will then heal you. I crawled all over looking for said sticks until I met up with Kuebeker first(who gave me drink and some food) then beer and Cybex who did the same as I was about to die from dehydration. I tried to respawn to start over but it was grayed out. all the guys looked for the sticks forever. Kuebeker finally deliver the coup de gra with an axe and I spawned back in whole again ; although alone in the country (again).

Thanks guys fro trying to save me; I think splints will be something to keep.

Yes and just as I killed you ... the server restarted and guess what.... I found the 3 :cuss: sticks.
I have a splint ready to go in my back pack.

And a warning to all!!! KungfuMoskito has gone rogue! He tried to kill me with an ax and stole my 65 gazillion pocked vest b4 I had a chance to pick it up.
I had to run and hide to heal my self.... I'm still debating if I should hunt him down for pay back!
:club:

Topic author
Flipper

Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:41 pm

I would!

Cybex

Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:01 pm

:iagree:
LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

sidewinder9x

Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:16 am

I have noticed when I play the game that will usually spawn in the same general location no matter how far I have traveled; It gets to be a pain when trying to link up with others who are not near any area close by. Spawn in the middle of nowhere and hope you find stuff soon.

I think this game would be much better if the servers never re-started so the supply of items would be limited; if you joined forces you could obtain more and protect an area; or eventually it would get down to a few as all other died. If you survived to the end you would then obtain some a couple of very useful items to help you; then when the server re set you would be in a much better position.

Last night after the server re-started it took forever to get back to the one everyone was playing on and then once again spawned in the forest...

Topic author
Flipper

Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:56 am

The server re-start is an owner choice. I know what you mean, it would force more confrontations for one if the server re-started say, every 4 hours or so. Some of the things I've read over the last week seem to indicate they are working in a direction of a server items reset, without actually re-starting the entire server. Also being able to spawn on friends seems to be another item on the "to do" list. Bottom line this game isn't complete and I knew that going into it.

Kuebeker

Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:16 am

I got payback and it's was not fun, well not as fun as BF4. I could not get the defib working.
In a sense I was like a mad scientist. I learnt that bullet hits do not show until the fatal bullet, you will see a stream of blood then he falls.
When you fall there are 2 parameters, Shock and Blood.
You can wake up from shock trama but not from blood loss.
So #1 is Stop the bleeding.

The rest still needs to be tested.
Make him drink something.
Water - If from pond add purifying tablets before.
Soft Drinks.
Defibs need a 9 volt battery.
Epinephrine to bring the Shock to 0.
IV Blood transfusion. You need to know his blood type.
Force feed him.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information