Other GamesDayZ

Games from Ubisoft and other studios

Moderator: Members

Topic author
Flipper

Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:01 pm

Purchased it, played, had a ball with Beer and Frogman. It without any doubt is a team effort game. HUGE maps, Zombie apocalypse. But the zombies aren't the big deal, it's real other players. You have gangs running around, some friendly, some not friendly. That's why I say, team effort..... So again, you need to be with your buds searching for survival items, and to help stay alive.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/221100/

MissileChicago

Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:34 am

Wasn't this a mod for Arma? Guess it does not require Arma anymore?

Image [ Using iPhone ] Image

Topic author
Flipper

Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:05 am

Yes it was, and no it does not::

Following the huge successes of the DayZ mod, Dean Hall announced in August 2012, via a new development blog, that DayZ would begin being developed as a standalone game with himself as project lead, in conjunction with Bohemia Interactive.[17] He said that the game needed to be released before the end of the year "in order to achieve what we have to do",[18] also stating that he wanted an initial release around November 2012.[19] The game will be running on a branch of the Take On Helicopters engine (part of the Real Virtuality engine), and the main areas of developmental focus were to be "critical issues", such as bug fixing, hacking, and security.[20]

DirtyKurt

Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:15 pm

It's still in alpha mode

Image [ Using iPhone ] Image

Topic author
Flipper

Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:30 pm

It plays well. It's been in Alpha testing for some time.

KungfuBeer

Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:14 am

The Arma II Mod DayZ is slightly different than the Stand Alone version that we play.

In DayZ SA (Stand Alone) you start off the first time with a shirt, pants, shoes, flashlight and a battery. You must go find everything. If you die, you lose everything....I mean everything, you are left only with your Calvin's!

Most of our time has been spent collecting items for survival, meeting up to play together, only to eat raw deer meat and die, protect our teamate from death (dying in the process) or looking for our buddies, but get killed by a team of bandits.

Yeah its Alpha...and it does have a few glitches...they also address/add things to the gameplay often and roll out new updates weekly...more than BF4 has done in 8 mos.

Its not for everyone and its not perfect, but it is a lot of fun. I paid $29.99 for it and do not regret it. We may even get a server and fund it privately if the clan does not want it.

Topic author
Flipper

Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:51 am

:iagree:

Just to add a little more, the bandits Derek speaks of are real people, not computer generated. Meaning anyone you meet up with could be friendly, or foe. Example, some noob met us at a factory. When he was within 100' or so, you could then hear him on VoiP (in game) proclaiming he was friendly. Once he had one of us alone (Derek in this matter), he attacked. Why? Because killing you means he can then easily obtain the rifles and any other goods that may have taken you hours to obtain. While Derek was being attacked, we tried to come to his rescue. We did, sort of. I died in the process, but Derek survived. Just like real life, anything can happen and it's all legal within the game. Unless you have a server with ass-clown admins who set rules against killing them (yes, there are ass-nine servers like that).

Bottom line, it takes time, it can even be boring at first. But the excitement can ramp up FAST!! Just like being in a gang infested part of a city, you must ALWAYS be on the lookout and use tact. People will actual "hunt" you for some time. They wont just come out of the woodwork guns blazing like BF4. Unlike BF4, you don't go running out out with guns blazing, bad tact. They want your stuff and will spend time to wait for the right situation to pounce! They usually have friends also hunting you. Just like Wolves, they flank you, you'll never see it coming until it's too late. It can cost you hours of work. You MUST work together as a team with tact. Meaning you may have to follow the team even when you want to go somewhere else. You can go lone-wolf, but unless you know the town and buildings, and have the hardware to deal with it, this will more than likely cost you a round and possible rage quitting. So, do not join us if you're easily offended, other players when in VoiP range, will call you all sorts of colorful names. Ignore it!! Second, a dumb decision on your part can cause hours of work to be lost instantly (ask me how I know). If that bothers you, don't play. Beyond that, come enjoy a game where L@W/P@L members can actually team up and run the show!

doNico

Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:56 pm

sounds funny .. but the races kill my hardly earned money right now :cry2:
"Racing is life. Anything what happens before or after is just waiting."
Steve McQueen

R.J.

Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:56 pm

Nailclipper90 wrote::iagree:

Just to add a little more, the bandits Derek speaks of are real people, not computer generated. Meaning anyone you meet up with could be friendly, or foe. Example, some noob met us at a factory. When he was within 100' or so, you could then hear him on VoiP (in game) proclaiming he was friendly. Once he had one of us alone (Derek in this matter), he attacked. Why? Because killing you means he can then easily obtain the rifles and any other goods that may have taken you hours to obtain. While Derek was being attacked, we tried to come to his rescue. We did, sort of. I died in the process, but Derek survived. Just like real life, anything can happen and it's all legal within the game. Unless you have a server with ass-clown admins who set rules against killing them (yes, there are ass-nine servers like that).

Bottom line, it takes time, it can even be boring at first. But the excitement can ramp up FAST!! Just like being in a gang infested part of a city, you must ALWAYS be on the lookout and use tact. People will actual "hunt" you for some time. They wont just come out of the woodwork guns blazing like BF4. Unlike BF4, you don't go running out out with guns blazing, bad tact. They want your stuff and will spend time to wait for the right situation to pounce! They usually have friends also hunting you. Just like Wolves, they flank you, you'll never see it coming until it's too late. It can cost you hours of work. You MUST work together as a team with tact. Meaning you may have to follow the team even when you want to go somewhere else. You can go lone-wolf, but unless you know the town and buildings, and have the hardware to deal with it, this will more than likely cost you a round and possible rage quitting. So, do not join us if you're easily offended, other players when in VoiP range, will call you all sorts of colorful names. Ignore it!! Second, a dumb decision on your part can cause hours of work to be lost instantly (ask me how I know). If that bothers you, don't play. Beyond that, come enjoy a game where L@W/P@L members can actually team up and run the show!

Trust nobody and dont allow yourself to get forcefed Windex and moldy Kiwis!

sidewinder9x

Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:32 pm

Or, you can be like me a spawn in the middle of nowhere, no map or compass; just the sun... no vehicles either just a lot of walking,

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information