Other GamesWatchdogs 2

Games from Ubisoft and other studios

Moderator: Members

KungfuBeer

Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:57 am

They left the first one unfinished I feel so I am not so willing to give them more money again.

Topic author
ANZAC

Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:34 pm

Yeah, I dunno. I felt like after the missions there wasn't much play value beyond that.

KungfuBeer

Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:50 pm

ANZAC wrote:Yeah, I dunno. I felt like after the missions there wasn't much play value beyond that.
Except for that ONE time, you ended up stalking me and when you caught up to me in order to kill my player, something happened and we were never again in the same session together.

You were the only person I know to ever see live in that game.

sidewinder9x

Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:11 pm

Not gonna buy it

DirtyKurt

Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:40 pm

Check out this video that my friend told me about. Its all the recent Ubisoft games when they first showed them off and what we ended up getting at the end. I would NOT give them anymore of your own money.

[youtube]xNter0oEYxc[/youtube]

KungfuBeer

Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:11 pm

While I stated my opinion, those videos do not share the whole story...

The games were first shown as PC releases, Ubisoft then said that they had to scale down the graphics because the consoles could not handle the better engine that the PCs used.

This video is fraudulent because they are trying to make it seem that the consoles were somehow lied to, while the video shows the PC versions, which we got, and trying to compare them to the console version.

Druzin

Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:29 pm

Video claims to be running "retail" on PC w/ max settings. No idea if true. Perhaps exaggerated. But no doubt things in E3 demos graphics did not make it to at least a few of the PC releases. I played the Far Cry and Division on PC and while I don't have a super computer I followed community enough to see comparisons of details that did not make the final cut. Maybe just because scaled down to work with consoles on the same engine. But a shame they couldn't run consoles at the equivalent of high and let PCs keep the "ultra" video settings. I seem to recall developers used to design for what computers would be able to handle soon (beyond ultra) rather than what consoles can handle now. But easier for all to run the same and easier = cheaper so scale them all down wins. Is the standard now. :-/

On the plus side. My non-ultra PC can continue running new games for much longer than it would have back in the day. So not all bad.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information